Monday, May 23, 2011

Worm Sightings

So you may have noticed our new barrel tumbler compost stations on the East and West of the garden. But we still have and apparently are still using the original 3 stage compost area on the NE side of the garden. With our recent expansion to the garden on the North end I am not sure what will happen to this area but I can tell you that there is some good activity in there. I am pretty new to gardening but I know that worms are a really good sign. So, I was delighted when another gardener and I took a bit of time to turn over the new weeds that were thrown into that compost area and found a ton of worms and other insects in there. Yay for healthy soil.

I also found this video on 3 bin composting that I thought was interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phj9LmqnwDY

No comments:

Post a Comment